Ryanair announced yesterday (23rd of August) their plans to reduce waiting time spent on boarding by allowing non-priority passengers to take only 1 small bag in the cabin (instead of 2) and introducing a lower cost €/£8 for 10kg bag check-in service (currently €/£25 x20kg), from 1st of November as follows:
– Priority Boarding customers can continue to bring 2 free carry-on bags (1 x 10kg wheelie bag and 1 small bag). Note: there are only 95 priority tickets available per flight.
– Non-priority customers can only bring 1 free (small) carry-on bag.
– If non-priority customers want to bring a 2nd bigger (wheelie) bag they can buy a lower cost 10kg check bag for €/£8 at time of booking (currently a 20kg bag costs €/£25). This 10kg wheelie bag must be checked in at the airport bag drop desk.
– All customers with checked bags can now switch from the €/£25 x20kg bag to the cheaper €/£8 x10kg checked bag.
– The new policy will go live at boarding gates on/after 1 November 2018 and for all bookings made on/after 1 September 2018 *
*Non-priority customers who booked flights before 1 September (for travel after 1 November) can either add Priority Boarding for €/£8 or a 10kg bag for €/£10 or they may cancel their booking for a full refund.
Ryanair also will increase the size of the free small carry-on bag by over 40% from 35 x 20 x 20cm (14L) to 40 x 20 x 25cm (20L).
Plus Ryanair will almost double the size of the small bag sizer from 35 x 20 x 20cm (14L) to 42 x 20 x 30 cm (25L) to allow carry-on bags that are considerably (25%) larger than the permitted small bag dimensions.
Read more about Ryanair new bag policy here
Stay in touch with our posts! Do not lose the next tips! 😉